The fact that you are here, I can already tell that you love music. Correct me if I'm wrong. And we can all agree - if you want to get the ultimate experience, earphones just won't cut it. So, if you're going to take your music listening experience or enjoy immersive movies a notch higher, you've come to the right place.
In this article, we will cover the best speakers that you can get without breaking your bank. While you may have to compromise with aesthetics a bit, with these speakers, you will get the high-quality sound you are looking for.
Therefore, you will get to enjoy all the subtle nuances of your favorite songs, hassle-free: the crisp highs, clear lows, and well-balanced mids. And without wasting much time, let's jump right into it.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Speakers Under $200?
Finding the best speakers under $200 can be difficult since the market is flooded with items. You need to know what to look for and how to get the best value for your $200. With that in mind, let's take a look at some of the considerations you should have in mind when buying the best speakers under $200:
- Audio quality: The main aim of buying a speaker is for improved sound quality. Therefore, it is essential to remember that sound is everything here. You will need a device that will potentially create the best sound at an affordable price. That means you shouldn't compromise on the audio quality.
- Portable: Today, we need speakers that we can carry around without worrying about their weight. That said, find a speaker that has an incredible design, and it's portable without compromising on the sound quality. Thankfully, there are a range of Bluetooth and bookshelf speakers to choose from.
- Connectivity: Without a doubt, you will need a device with multiple connectivity options, including Bluetooth. That will make it easy for you to pair the speaker with any android device in the house.
- USB Charging: For the Bluetooth speakers, you will have to check the USB charging port and battery life. That also means you can use your speaker even when the electricity is off. What's more, there are a couple of Bluetooth speakers that come with a micro-USB port, which means you can plug it into your power bank.
10 Best Speakers Under $200 in the market
1. The Bose Soundlink Revolve with 360 Wireless Surround Sound
Bose Soundlink is known for producing some of the best lifestyle audio products. Although the brand is known for the hefty price tag, the Sound link revolves is exceptional. They offer you a high-quality speaker at a pocket-friendly price. The speaker features a sturdy aluminum housing that's available in two different finishing. The design is also simple and can easily blend with the interior décor of your home.
What's more, the speaker comes with a soft rubber placed at the top and bottom part of the speaker. That helps to protect the device from shock in case you drop it. And for such a small tiny speaker, it will surprise you with robust and bold sounds. The speaker has Omni-directional sound meaning that it can fill up a medium-sized room with crisp and clear audio.
- Product Dimensions: 3.3x3.3x6 inches
- Item Weight: 1.46 pounds
- Connectivity: TF card, Bluetooth, Auxiliary, USB
- Water-resistant IPX4
- True 360-degree coverage
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing
2. Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 4 Wireless Speaker
Harman Kardon is a household name for most car audio products. And as much as they are known for high-quality products with a high price tag, the Onyx Studio Wireless Speaker is one of the few that ranges below $200. And the best thing is that it doesn't compromise on quality. The speaker comes with a contemporary design that looks very sleek. It's round in shape and has a solid black color.
The best part is that the speaker is well built and is made from durable materials. Considering this is a one-piece Bluetooth speaker, it delivers impressive sound. And regardless of the notes are high or low, the speaker still manages to produce a clear and bright sound, which gives the users a wholesome experience.
- Dimensions: 13x12x8.5 inches
- Item Weight: 7.2 pounds
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
- 80db Signal-noise ratio
- Access to Siri or Google Assistant
3. Jabra Speak 510 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
This Jabra Speak 510 is a little unique from the rest of the products mentioned in this article. This is the ideal device for anyone who spends a lot of time in the office, and conference calls take up most of their time. The speaker is designed for use with either a smartphone or a softphone. The speaker is essentially ideal for making calls with the high-end clarity it offers.
The speaker comes with a compact and portable design. What's more, it is surrounded by touch-sensitive buttons that give you a seamless experience when making calls. It has sound quality that will exceed your expectations. And with the Omni-directional microphone, it can pick up sounds from all angles.
- Dimension: 6x5x2 inches
- Item Weight: 6.08 ounces
- Connectivity: Bluetooth and USB
- Up to 15 hours of battery life
- Compatible with leading UC platforms
4. Micca PB42X Powered Speakers
The PB42X by Micca is a carbon-fiber woofer that promises to enhance the bass in your music, and with the silk dome tweeter, you will have a smooth tremble. This is generally a well-balanced speaker that is worth buying under $200.
It also comes with a ported enclosure that helps to minimize distortion caused by bass. What's more, it has a quite impressive frequency response that is ideal for an average-sized room. Also, it has a highly optimized crossover that offers incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic sound.
- Dimensions: 6.5x5.8x9.5 inches
- Item Weight: 4 pounds
- Built-in Class-D amplifier
- Mounting Type: Wall mount/ floor standing
5. Polk Audio TSi100 Speakers
The Polk Audio is a strong entry in the best under $200 speakers, and that's with good reason. The speaker offers a great deal of visual flair that you would pay a lot more for other brands. The speaker has good highs, clear mids, and generally warm sounds.
The speaker is also equipped with a 5.2-inch dynamic balance bi-laminate composite woofer. This helps eliminate any internal resonance and damps all the energy stealing vibrations to give you a more transparent sound.
- Dimensions: 10.2x7x11 inches
- Item Weight: 10 pounds
- Frequency response: 53Hz 25kHz
- Recommended amplification: 20 100 (watts/ch)
- Mounting Type: Keyhole hanger
6. Bang & Olufsen Beoplay P2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
This is one of the handiest and compact speakers we have in the market. The company offers a simple but elegant product to the consumers without compromising the sound quality. It comes with an uncluttered design that features one button for all the speaker controls. The button is placed at the rear, and there is nothing else on the interface of this speaker.
Although the speaker might appear small, it's definitely not small in terms of performance and sound quality. So, you are guaranteed of superior sound quality and several smart features that give you a more interactive experience. These include tapping or shaking to change a song, pause, or play. And with the soft-based polymer contrition, the speaker offers you incredible hold.
- Dimensions: 7x4.4x2.1 inches
- Item Weight: 0.75 pounds
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, USB
- Frequency Range: 68 Hz- 21 Hz
- Splash and dust resistant
7. Polk RTI A1 Audio
The RTI A1 is the first model in the RTI collection by Polk Audio. And with that in mind, the RTI A1 model comes with new balance cone drivers, which helps boosting the sound quality. What's more, this device has an elegant finish and cabinet style.
The speakers are housed in a wooden enclosure with power port enhancement hence creating a perfect power port. That entire design improves the bass and eliminates any distortion risk by optimizing the ventilation system. The RTI A1 are not bookshelf speakers but will work well as standing systems in any environment. That's because the standing speakers feature an enhanced tweeter and cone upgrades thanks to the extra space in the system. Typically, the balance drivers are a composite mix, and they measure around 5.25 inches. Additionally, the magnetic heat sink in this device works incredibly well to enhance how the tweeter handles the sound.
- Dimensions: 11.50 X 12 X7 inches
- Item Weight: 12lbs
- The device features a real wood casing
- It also has a dynamic balance mineral
- The RTI A1 features a power port technology that helps to reduce distortions
8. Edifier Bookshelf Speaker - R1280T
Another device that's worth being ranked among the best speakers under 200 dollars is the Edifier R1280T. This incredible speaker comes with all the premium features that you can get in the expensive bookshelf speakers. And that's not all! It also comes with unique qualities that give it an advantage over the costly types. The active speaker has a combination of connections, drivers, and controls that make this device a powerful device.
What's more, the enclosure is designed perfectly to bring out the optimum sound from this device. Additionally, the sound is free from distortion and has the right amount of bass.
The bass is about 4 inches. On the other hand, the tweeter has a size of 13mm. The two speakers have a crossover circuitry that provides seamless coordination between these them. The tone controls give you the chance to control your voice quality by adjusting the treble and the bass to your liking. You can also prevent or even mute the speakers remotely with a simple touch of a button. The volume will reset to a comfortable level every time you power up the system.
- Dimensions: 6.9x9.5x5.8 inches
- Items weight: 10.8pounds
- The device can produce studio-quality sound
- It comes with a two-year warranty
- The finish is made out of classic wood
- You can connect multiple devices using the dual RCA inputs.
9. JBL Pulse 3 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
JBL is one of the leading companies in the entertainment industry for speakers and music systems. This is a speaker that will put on quite a light show for you. And this light effect is ideal for night parties bringing endless fun to the table.
The speaker has a cylindrical shape with a signature clothing at the bottom and lights at the top. 75% of the speaker is covered by the light section and LED lighting that creates a nice liquidity effect. With the 360 degrees surround sound, the speaker is ideal for outdoor activities. It also features this cool noise and echo canceling speakerphone to enable crystal clear calls.
It also comes with a built-in microphone that comes in handy. But you have to move closer to the speaker to use it effectively. It also comes with the JBL Connect App that users can use to control everything on the speaker, and that includes the lights as well.
- Dimensions: 8.8x3.7x3.7 inches
- Item Weight: 2.12 pounds
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
- Waterproof design
- Built-in rechargeable battery
10. Sound Appeal 6.5 Inches Wireless Bluetooth Waterproof Outdoor Speaker
The BT Blast surpasses many speakers in the market with its excellent built-in speakers and Bluetooth connectivity. That is just the ideal combination for a top-notch outdoor experience. While these speakers seem a bit basic in terms of design, they make up for that by delivering good sound quality. What's more, the speakers come with such impressive Bluetooth connectivity with a range of up to 60ft.
You can also control the speakers from your smartphone. And when it comes to performance, you will fall in love with the quality and clarity of sound you get with this speaker. The internal cabinets of this speaker are also made with such rigid bracing that helps to eliminate any resonance. And that allows you to enjoy excellent sound quality both indoors and outdoors. With the 1-inch dome tweeters, you get to soften the high notes, and the built-in amplifier delivers high efficiency.
- Dimensions: 11.6x8.5x7.5 inches
- Item Weight: 16 pounds
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
- Mounting Type: Wall Mount
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 20kHZ